Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Super Bowl Goodies: “Pizza Pull Apart Bread” And A “Black Velvet Cocktail“


Welcome to “Wordless Tuesday.” For my readers that are new, I have implemented a new idea called “Wordless Tuesday!” This means that every Tuesday I will be just posting a delicious recipe, no stories, just a recipe that you will not be able to resist. I still will be posting on my usual day which is Friday, my stories of family, traditions, and special holidays, plus a scrumptious recipe.

So, no more words, just a mouth watering recipe which I know you have been waiting for…..

Super Bowl Pizza Pull Apart Bread


Ingredients:

1 unsliced round loaf sourdough bread
12-16 ounces Mozzarella or Provolone cheese, thinly sliced
1 (3.5 ounce) package pepperoni, halved
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Marinara or Pizza sauce for dipping

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Using a sharp bread knife, cut bread going both directions without cutting all the way through the crust. Be careful as the bread is very forgiving. (As seen in the photo)

Place bread on a foil-lined baking sheet and insert cheese slices and pepperoni between cuts. Combine butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings. Drizzle or brush over bread with a pastry brush. Sprinkle bread with Parmesan cheese.

Wrap bread completely in foil and bake 15 minutes. Unwrap the bread and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and pepperoni is a little crispy. There is nothing more mouthwatering than sourdough bread glazed with Parmesan and garlic butter, oozing with melted cheese, and pepperoni. Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping! Yum! 




Black Velvet Cocktail


Ingredients:

6 oz chilled stout
6 oz chilled champagne (or sparkling white wine)

Instructions:

Just pour the stout slowly into a tall glass, and simply add the champagne! You need to make sure that the two drinks remain separate, so that the different densities form one layer on top of the other.


First, pour in your champagne or sparkling white wine. Fill it to the middle. Next, pour in your stout very slowly over the back of a spoon. This will help the stout to settle gently on top of the champagne, and should, in theory, keep the two layers separate. Serve in a chilled pint glass, or a champagne flute. You can also add ice and that works well.


Till Next Time………………………………......

Copyright © 2014 “Family Plus Food Equals Love” All Right Reserved

6 comments:

  1. Hi Dottie ,
    Yeah , everyone in my neck of the woods is ready for the Super Bowl .
    The pizza pull apart bread looks so good , I will make 2 one of them I will put a little heat to ;-D , I will let you know how it taste .
    Your bread looks so tasty and yummy , I can't wait to dig in , matter of fact I think I will try it Thursday .
    The black velvet cocktail looks interesting and I bet it's goes down smooth . Thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nee, Thank you for stopping by...Yes, Super Bowl is a big deal here in my family. I personally have no clue about the game or what is happening. I really never watch it, but with my dad, brother, nephew, son, and mostly all the woman rooting on the teams it still is fun. This pizza bread is so good, that you can use anything to add to its splendor. So glad that you are planning on creating this fun bread. I love to pull the piece apart and see the cheese oozing out ..Delicious...Well, enjoy and thanks again...Blessings, Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dottie, That bread looks so very good for any celebration!
    Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Catherine, How nice to see you, thanks for coming to visit...
    Yes, the bread is really good for Super Bowl, but as you said can be used for any celebration. Nothing is better than bread, cheese, and tomato sauce. You can add so many different things to this bread. I have made it with mushrooms, cheese, sausage, (loose without the casing)and pieces of veggies. So yummy! Blessing, Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This pizza looks really interesting! I have never seen it before. It is great if you have friends around. I like your cocktail too.
    I make pizza every week and it is incredible how we can never get bored of it. Pizza is one of those foods your could have at any time!!
    Hope you are having a good week dear Dottie. Ciao cara X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dottie!
    I was just reading an article that said Super Bowl Sunday is the second most "foodie" day after Thanksgiving! Who knew, lol...

    Your bread is right up my alley. I am so not a bread baker but since I just have to buy a loaf of round bread and dress it up so deliciously, I may just be able to dig in!

    As for that drink, well, smoooooooooth:)

    Thank you so much for sharing, Dottie. I think Wordless Tuesday is well on its way to being quite yummy!!!

    P.S. I will be emailing you back this afternoon:)

    ReplyDelete